Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 has moved leaps and bounds from where it started. It has dramatically revamped how we see CRM systems today and stands to drive sales competence, marketing efficacy and campaign management in the cloud, on premise or a hybrid format through process agility, automated enterprise collaboration based on Yammer, built –in hooks for Skype & Lync etc.
Dynamics CRM 2016 has gone a long way in getting productivity notched up through the integration of Skype and Lync within the CRM. With apps across all major mobile platforms, such as Windows 8, iOS and Android, most tablets are capable of running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016, in turn bringing in increased productivity and mobility.
Nalashaa Dynamics CRM Upgrade
Upgrading, developing and re-architecturing are some aspects which Nalashaa has gained considerable knowledge and flair, over years of experience. Nalashaa’s CRM team has been working in MS Dynamics CRM since version 1.2 to version 2016 and has significant experience with both on premise and cloud based solutions. Beyond just being a technology partner, Nalashaa helps clients optimize the business processes and improve sales productivity by helping clients create the right processes and adapting CRM to manage these processes.
With the end of mainstream support for Dynamics CRM 4.0, moving to Dynamics CRM 2016 will offer a tremendous face-lift to user experience with multiple browser support, SharePoint integration and built in ties to Outlook.
To help Dynamics CRM users to upgrade swiftly to the latest version, Nalashaa offers fixed price CRM upgrade plans, with an option for evaluation, if required.
Upgrade to the latest version of Dynamics CRM
Our plans start at $5999.
For customers that have a complex CRM System, we offer a 30 minute no – cost evaluation of your CRM system to provide you with an approach and estimate cost of upgrade.
Dynamics CRM Upgrade Options:
Moving from Dynamics CRM 4.0 to Dynamics CRM 2016 will bring in a host of advantages in today’s online world. The collaboration and unified approach of Dynamics CRM 2016 will be a big change for the better when compared to Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Multiple browser support, SharePoint integration and built in ties to Outlook
- Mobility support to enhance productivity
- Microsoft has ended the mainstream support for Dynamics CRM 4.0, hence making it all the more practical to upgrade to Dynamics CRM 2016
When looking to move from Dynamics CRM 2013 to Dynamics CRM 2016, it must be understood there are a host of new features in Dynamics CRM 2016 which are iterative in nature when compared to their counterparts in Dynamics CRM 2013.
- Segmented solutions & Patches, Guided User Experience, Cortana mobile integration, CRM app for outlook are some great features in Dynamics CRM 2016
- Users can now open various office apps like SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 Groups for any CRM record.
- With CRM 2016, the following CRM Online 2015 Update 1 features are now available for CRM 2016 On-premises environments.
From Dynamics CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2016, the usability upgrade is tremendous.
- The slide and glide UX, has less clicks and less windows to get tasks completed
- Synchronous workflow has been introduced
- A far more extensive mobility support
- Outlook and Exchange server side integrations, makes mail functionalities smooth