How will you build your mobile presence?
“42 percent of organizations expect to increase spending on mobile app development by an average of 31 percent in 2016 ” – Gartner
Global research shows active mobile subscription in the world is almost equal to the population of the world today and more than 2 billion users are on a smartphone. Given the large mobile presence and reach, getting the mobile presence right is important for any business.
The complexity of available mobile development options only helps to further complicate matters, with many businesses using fragmented solutions in order to address all of their needs. To get a detailed overview download whitepaper below:
Mobile App Development Approaches
Native App Development
- Targeted apps
- Uses Native SDK and programming languages
- iOS Objective-C/Swift OR Android Java, Android SDK
- Directly interacts with the mobile OS and the hardware
- Preferred for high performance applications
Hybrid App Development
- Packaged web views developed using common Web front end technologies
- Packing is done using PhoneGap, Xamarin etc.
- Single code base and reduced development time
- Challenged exist in accessing certain hardware features
Web App / Mobile Site
- Existing web sites re-designed to render on mobile devices
- Bootstrap or similar technologies used along with responsive frameworks
- Primarily used for informational or simple requirements
Mobile Testing Strategies
Considerations before testing mobile apps:
- Target hardware: One of the key areas of complexity in deciding the mobile application test plan is the device fragmentation. With a huge number of devices available in the market, testing on every device with various versions and SKUs is not possible. One of the strategies employed is to identify devices which cover majority of the market for the intended user base of that application.
- Target OS version: Normally this would have already been decided during the development phase, however the target OS version needs to be considered for estimating and planning the testing effort.
- Emulators to be used for scenarios: Device cost and the availability of devices for testing be reduced by planning to utilize the emulators for some of the non-critical functionality and for regression testing.
Similar to testing web applications, employ manual and automation testing to achieve good quality application. Manual mobile testing strategies are normally focused around application functionality and user experience testing. Automated testing strategies leverage scripting based testing for testing across different devices and form factors. We have experience in both manual and script based testing of mobile applications, having used automation tools like Monkey talk to automate application testing.
What Nalashaa Offers?
- End to end Consulting for mobile presence or to re-evaluate changing requirement
- Technology Consulting and development – complete lifecycle
- Options for fixed price engagements for customers to go mobile
- Fixed price offerings for responsive mobile presence
- Technical Depth – Across Mobile technology Stack
- Advisory Capability – Mobile Approach
- ROI Benefits – fixed price Mobile presence