Migration from CRM 4.0 to Dynamics CRM 2013 is not a single step procedure, but it is nevertheless not difficult either. The steps involved would be to first move to CRM 2011 and then progressively upgrade to Dynamics CRM 2013. There exists no direct upgrade option from CRM 4.0 to Dynamics CRM 2013.
A broad outline of steps to be followed are
- Software requirements and support to be checked on the server
- Plugins, workflows and java scripts to be checked using legacy feature check tool
- Remove all CRM 4.0 customizations prior to start of migration to CRM 2011
- Enable customizations in CRM 2011 if required
- Continue migration to Dynamics CRM 2013
- Add all the removed customizations to Dynamics CRM 2013, if not added earlier to CRM 2011
Some issues that we faced
- The database table field length differences affected usability after migration. This has to be checked as there are differences in allowed field lengths between CRM 4.0, CRM 2011 and Dynamics CRM 2013
- CRM 4.0 web services API were not removed prior to migration to Dynamics CRM 2013 which disrupted the upgrade. This customization was required to be removed and re-implemented in Dynamics CRM 2013
When migrating from CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2013, the server can not be rolled back to CRM 2011. And to proceed with the migration, there are predominantly two different methodologies to follow, based on availability of resources. For a detailed document on migration from CRM 2011 to Dynamics CRM 2013.
Nalashaa also offers Fixed Price Microsoft Dynamics CRM upgrade based on the system complexity. Upgrading, developing and re-architecting are some aspects which Nalashaa has gained considerable knowledge and flair, over years of experience. Our understanding of Dynamics CRM suite of products range from CRM 1.2 to C360, making us confident of our skills and delivery capabilities. We aim to port users to the latest versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, hence helping customers draw on the plethora of benefits offered today by Microsoft Dynamics suite of products.
Latest posts by Madhavi Krishnayya (see all)
- Whats new in MSCRM? - December 2, 2015
- How Global Search Works!! - November 25, 2015
- Sitemap impact with solution import on different CRM versions - June 25, 2015