Why VoIP phone systems work for small businesses?
Managing landlines and traditional telephone providers for small businesses are always a concern and with the hype surrounding VoIP, there are many who are looking to take up the flexibility and monetary benefits associated with VoIP. A VoIP phone system installed on your premise offers a hybrid solution, which combines the benefits of traditional phone like such as T1/PR1 and the advantages of VoIP systems such as remote extensions, etc.
Small businesses like to take the benefit of hosted services, wherein they do not have to purchase and maintain expensive phone systems. Mostly, the hardware requirement is only in terms of a SIP enabled telephone, which being a standardized technology works does not bind you to any service provider.
5 reasons why VoIP phone systems works?
- No expensive maintenance – For small businesses which work from far flung out locations, using a hardy and economical mode of communication is top priority. Almost no hardware investments make it a viable and scalable option
- Negligible operational expenses– As the business grows, there are no expensive hardware upgrades required. Long term benefit with hosted solution is that the business does not have to deal with outdated phone systems.
- Outsourced solution – As a business owner, a hosted solution allows for no worry about technology and service, thus enabling more time for business worthy activities
- Cloud hosted solution – A telephone solution helps to streamline business activities and requirements, internally and externally.
- Scalability – Most service providers offer a variety of packages, which fit different businesses sizes and needs. Also, as the hardware remains the same, there is virtually no barrier in shifting providers of plans as per requirement.
3 drawbacks of VoIP services
- Internet Service – If the Internet service or the power goes down, then the VoIP service also goes down. As managed service provider for your telephone system, we can manage the re-routing of calls to mobile phones or voice mails when such a situation arises.
- Emergency Dialing – Most VoIP services do not offer the facility to dial a distress call. Hence, it is essential to have access to a mobile phone or a traditional phone at all times
- Calling Rates – Connecting to special lines or international lines will incur different rates. Hence, it is important to read the fine print prior to choosing a service provider.
Different service providers offer varying levels of control and security, which can be configured as per requirement. Nalashaa can assess the various service providers as per business needs and help in setting up and managing the hosted VoIP phone system to ensure optimum connectivity and security. Maintaining a VoIP phone system and drawing on a hybrid set up allows businesses to improvise on a solution best suited in terms of technology and practicality.
Latest posts by Aathira Nair (see all)
- ServiceNow London Release: New Features to Look Out For - October 15, 2018
- What is ServiceNow? – Manage anything IT! - August 3, 2018
- The Need for Speed in IT Recruiting - July 10, 2018
An engineer by education, foraying into a medley of activities - content, social media and marketing.All stories by: Aathira Nair