Event management and marketing has become insanely data driven in the past few years. In fact, all facets of events, be it sponsorship, marketing or organization, providing rich content to attendees (or participants) will become extremely beneficial as this industry matures. Collecting and securely saving data is the key for future optimization.
Advance Analytics can bring tremendous value towards Event Marketing and here is how –
Know your participant
Attendee demographics study can reveal many benefits.
- Analysis on historical data and on-going events is used to generate insights on ticket purchase behavior of event participants. Determine the right time and price to sell tickets.
- Determine appropriate event merchandise based on the age group distribution of participants.
- Analysis of spending habits of participants in itself can pay rich dividends to event organizers.
- Insights on transportation modes and origin location if collected properly, can help event marketers run effective future campaigns.
Marketing campaign effectiveness
Marketing an event has become quite important these days and significant efforts and dollars are put into event marketing.
- A marketing scorecard measuring the effectiveness of events being marketed can be beneficial to a company conducting tens and hundreds of events in a year.
- Response to marketing on Facebook and other social media platforms, visitor identifiers etc. can be consolidated to provide a 360-degree view.
- Dashboards and detailed reporting have become quite common in other industries. Event marketing can definitely get benefit by consolidating data from various platforms, transform them, and present KPIs.
Providing useful information about events to the reader (website visitor) in a consumable manner has become a necessity and has also shown increased event participation.
- Engaging incoming website traffic is the new mantra in all domains and is the need of the hour for event marketing too.
- The future might give rise to a dedicated event marketing platform similar to Engagio, WebEngage.
- B2B and B2C marketing concepts are rehashed and the industry is busy applying the concept of data heavy account-based marketing.
Changing technology perspectives have given rise to an era of personalization. It is high time that event marketing is data and user driven as opposed to brand and business driven. With the changing nature of consumers, business can thrive only if they are able to work their way into the regular routine of participants, which requires them to be aware of their preferences and understand their needs.
Connect with us to understand how you can bring in better focus and benefit from deeper data driven knowledge.
Latest posts by Vinay Mehendiratta (see all)
- Does your Event Marketing platform cater to these? - March 29, 2019
- Latest trends in Event Management - February 26, 2019
- AI in Financial Analytics – The Machine Learning Engine - August 1, 2018